Sunday, December 6, 2009

We've Hit the One Year Mark!

I cannot believe Michael has hit the one year mark in his mission. When he left I knew the time would pass quickly, but I had NO idea. Looking back on the year, it has been a good one. I have seen such growth in him and yet every email I read makes me chuckle because he writes just like he talks...ALL OVER THE PLACE! I know he is loving his mission and loves the people he is serving. The areas he has been in have been amazing and the way they care and support each other is truly humbling. I know he has been taught by those he has served.
The ward members are fantastic to the missionaries and treat them very well. I have been so impressed with how they work to FIND people for the missionaries to teach and are supportive to the investigators when the Elders bring them to church.
I LOVE having a missionary out in the field. Yes, I miss him but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. He is right where he should and needs to be. And I know the Lord sent him to the Johannesburg South Africa to fulfil His purpose for Michael.
I am so thankful to have this young man worthy and willing to serve. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for his safe keeping and I know as long as Michael is obedient that he will return to me safe and sound.
I have said this before, but if missions could extend 6 months I'd say go for it, but for 6 weeks it's hardly worth it.
So until November 2010...

No comments: