Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some Updates/Emails

I really feel the countdown is on! We are working on getting Michael's admission papers into BYU and BSU, and there is a lot of excitement for George and I as we think about how quickly December will be here. With school, football and life in full swing, the days go by so fast that I barely get a breather from emails and such and it is time to do it all again. Michael is doing very well and is working hard. I can tell he is determined to finish strong! I am so grateful for that. I wouldn't want him counting down the days like his mother is doing!! But I figure I am entitled to that. I hadn't added a counter to the blogs until we received his release date information. Such a model of restraint!

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010

WOO BOISE STATE! BOO VIRGINIA TECH!
Well as long as we win, that's all we can ask for. I'm very pleased!
I wont discuss my feelings towards VT at the moment as that will cause me to lose the spirit for a month. haha
I LOVE THE CALLINGS FOR JEFF AND LAURA. I wish the church was well established enough for those here. We still struggle with having a functioning elders quorum presidency. haha
It's sad to hear that matt had to come home. i too hope he will be out again soon!
And oh my goodness.... jack looks like jeff and luke looks a but more like laura! that's cool.
The hammy is ok. i played today. so it was sharp.
sorry... i forgot to clarify elder sicotte is going home at the end of this transfer... sorry i didn't explain very well! :/
This week was a bit difficult.... Uyapho and Keneilwe ditched us! it was bad. but the bishop let us come over and do some missionary work with him!
This week was hectic. lots of ups and downs. we've been struggling getting people to come to church but it was a bit better this week we had 4. which is much better than 1. which is what we had for like 2 weeks straight.
it keeps getting hotter and hotter here. it's ridiculous. it's still just spring!
BTW i would still love to see some more pictures of the rest of the family.... the neices and nephews are great but... mom and dad and bros and sisters and others are ok too!
well i hope the byu thing goes ok!
Well i don't know if i have too much to talk about this week. My mind is kinda scrambled right now... our p-days are always crazy... no time for anything these days!!
hopefully maidah will be baptized this week! we're having a hard time with the daughters though! so we'll see what we can do, we've been fasting like crazy lately so we'll see what happens!!
the package will be sweet! and tell laura thanks for the email and pictures! she's the best sister in law that i have!
but ya have a great week!
the church is true!!
-elder johnson


Monday, September 06, 2010

ya the week has been crazy awesome galore! we had another powerful lesson with uyapho. he's definately becoming one of my favorites and will for sure be "my big project" before i leave! on thursday the bishop of the singles ward who stays just nearby is going to come with us to teach, it should be awesome. Remember the name Matswagotata(if you can) he's definately going to be a General Authority someday.
As well maidah is still on track for the 19th of september. her daughter should be home this week so we'll get her caught up and ready for interview by the end of this week! but we're racing against the clock. she's gonna be transfered up to francistown for work in a couple of weeks so we gotta have her ready before this month is over!
Ya soccer was rough.... i pulled a hammy today. and didn't play well but i got one goal.
ya the jerseys are a bit iffy.... we got hosed. but if we keep winning i guess it's just more money in our pockets!
i haven't heard from sydney very much at all actually! noone really writes me too much.... i'm just an old lonely sad sack these days! I didn't know anything about my bank card expiring but my card has been giving me troubles lately! definately find out about that one!
Oh and the greatest news is that our zone is improving a lot. that's one thing i had to adjust recently was to realize that it's not only my area that i'm in charge of but also the zone! and all of the districts are doing much better! so we're really happy about that!
faith and tendai are still doing well! yes they can and probably will do baptisms for the dead pretty soon! the only problem is getting down to jo'burg it's 4 hours away and with people tight on money this side it becomes a bit of a problem. but they'll be there a year from now for sure!
We are currently working on rebuilding our teaching pool again, that's kinda how it goes on mission i guess... so we'll see which new prospects we find!
college football sounds crazy as usual! i hope everything works out ok with the broncos. i am nervous as well!
but ya everything is sharp here. I got jerseys for the brothers and brother in laws.... but it sounds like kevin really wants a springbok jersey. so i'll try to get one for him.
But the church is true, for sure this time. I'm reading the book of mormon... and it continues to blow my mind. I think this will be the 3rd time on my mission. I've hit most of the standard works as well. all but the old testament.... apparently its not as relevant to missionary work. :)
-elder johnson

No comments: